Saturday, January 20, 2007

 Burberry Plaid-Inspired Baby Blanket

I'm not sure how much I cheated by making (and posting) a crocheted-rather-than-knitted baby item, but here it is! This project was a stash buster, and I'm really happy with how it turned out! The pattern is called "Special Delivery" from Candy Blankies by Candi Jensen. I'd made it out of the colors called for in the pattern a couple of years ago, but I always wondered how it would look in a more gender-neutral palette. Immediately I thought of the very chic and popular Burberry plaid that seemed to be everywhere a year or so ago. So, I made some different color choices, and I think the results are so cute! While I'm a knitter at heart, I like how fast crochet works up (and of course, it takes more yarn, so it's perfect for stash-busting!).

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

So cute and chic! What a great idea...

7:49 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

cute! i am obsessed with the concept of crocheting a blanket.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how your blanket turned out!! It looks so cozy!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

That is fabulous! What a great idea!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'm seriously thinking about trying to convert this pattern to a knit pattern. I think it would be fun to knit too!

9:34 AM  
Blogger B said...

I would want one of those in a grown up size!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home