Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 Not So Busy Lizzie

I have finished the sweater I was knitting for my friend's new baby. This is her fifth child and first girl, so something Very Feminine was in order.


pattern: Busy Lizzie from Rowan's Tadpoles and Tiddlers
yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (#07 "Fuschia")

As written, the pattern has intarsia flowers on the hem and collar (they're impatiens, the "Busy Lizzies" the sweater was named for), but I thought they were a bit much, so I left them off.

This was a great knit ... add another to the "make again sometime" category.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sweater! I have the same book, I recently got it from Amazon.com! I'm glad to see something from it.
What size did you do? It looks big but I know that "the camera adds ten pounds"! And it also makes other things look bigger than in real life!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I love that pattern... it looks great.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the texture of the yoke and cuffs!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Thanks so much! Lisa, it's the 9 month size ... it seems to run on the roomy side (not a bad thing for a baby knit).

10:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Adorable!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bertha, I would love this in a womens size. Beautiful!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home