Monday, December 04, 2006

 New member plus baby stuff galore

Hi there! I just joined. I'm Dove, and while I'm not expecting any time soon, for some reason I've found myself in the midst of a baby boom -- five babies born this month alone, including my niece!

Needless to say, I've been making baby stuf like crazy (in fact, besides a few socks, I think that's ALL I've made since late August), and thought this would be a good knit-along for me to join. I wish I'd found out about it sooner, because, like I said, there's been alot of babies and alot of baby stuff. I already got so many ideas.

Anyway, I wanted to share my latest with y'all: two sweaters and two toys. If you're interested, you can see my baby clothes and toys galleries on Flickr.

I hope this isn't too many pictures to post!

First up, a fish from Knitted Toys, for a friend's baby boy:



It's in Caron Simply Soft acrylic. It was an easy and quick knit, except there was some sort of huge error in the way the instructions for the lips were written.

And a sweater for him:



The chunky cabled sweater from Adorable Knits for Tots, and it's made with Wool-Ease. Cute pattern, but lots of mistakes in the pattern (the cabling panel's row 6 should read "work as 2nd row," and the sleeves come out too narrow when done as written). It's the 6-12 month size.

Next, a turtle for another friend's baby girl. From the same toy book, also in Simply Soft. Cute pattern, with no errors that I remember!



And a sweater for the same girl:



This is Robin Hood from Adorable Knits for Tots, in Knitpicks Swish, which I adore. It's soooo soft. I had concerns about the machine-washability of the yarn, because when I hand-washed the sweater to block it, it left alot of fuzz on my hands as I was working with it. However, I just ran a swatch through the wash and dry last night (cold wash, high setting dry), and it came out only very lightly fuzzed. It did not shrink at all width-wize, but lost a bit of length, which I could repair by lightly tugging on it. I'd recommend machine wash, air dry for this yarn.

Phew! That's it for now. I'm done with baby knitting until after the new year, but I look forward to seeing y'all's lovely creations!

4 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Love that fish!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Laura B said...

So much cuteness! You're a very generous knitter!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

I love the fact that you're knitting something other than bears and rattles for the babies! Also, the sweaters are so adorable and "grown-up" I can hardly stand it. The recipiants are fortunate babies to have you as their knitter! Great job -- look forward to seeing more of your projects.

4:58 AM  
Blogger g-girl said...

wow! everything looks amazing. I love the fish. The cabled sweater and the cardi are wonderful too!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home