Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 All set


This is a little different from the usual baby knitting that I see here, but I wanted to post them. I started the Greene Mountain Spinnery's pattern for a knitted Christmas stocking this time last year and I wanted to do Alex's first but we still hadn't decided on his name when I got the pattern so I started on a replacement for Dante. I had crocheted a stocking for him a few years back and really didn't like it. I used Lambs Pride worsted wool in a brick red for Dante's and Mediteranian Olive with Silver Sliver as the accent color. It took one skein of each and I just ran out of the silver but was able to make it work by knitting the baby's stocking a little shorter than his brother's.
Dante's stocking took a year because I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy and just too darn tired to work on it. But I finished Alex's in just about a week. It went really fast and I enjoyed. A little side note: I discovered that the stocking I knit turned out to be the perfect size for a knee high sock so I'm thinking about making a pair for myself. Anyway, the tops are hemed for re-enforcement so that they can be hanged and filled, and not stretch all out. I like 'em!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I have been eyeballing some sock patterns for a stocking for the baby, but nothing so ambitious!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I bet those look even better, all stuffed with little things on Christmas morning. It's a fantastic idea, and they came out beautifully.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

gorgeous! Whenever someone new comes into our family (born or married in) my mother-in-law immediately whips up a personalized stocking. It really gives everyone a sense of belonging. How nice for a new baby.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home