Wednesday, December 20, 2006

 Lacy Bonnet


Presenting the Lacy Bonnet from Knitting for Two by Erika Knight! I made it as a gift for a friend who is due in March, a week after me! The bow looks ridiculously large in this photo, but no instructions were included for how big or small they should be, so hopefully it will be okay. Perhaps they look so big because there is no baby to fill out the hat yet?


I used Rowan Wool Cotton in Tender, which the pattern called for. It says that you will need 2 balls, but I found that I used less than one. I used the recommended needle size but came under gauge and therefore the hat is a little smaller, probably 3-6 months instead of 6-9. I plan on making one for my baby as well, so I will go up in needle size.


It took me quite awhile to figure out how to tie the bows. I'm a knitter, not a bow person! Eventually with a needle and thread I got something that resembles the photo in the book. Instead of sewing the bows to the hat, I sewed little buttons on the ribbon. I then buttoned the "earmuffs" using one of the eyelets as a buttonhole.

Overall it was a fun knit and quick. I will definitely make it again!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Beautiful! And great job on the bows too - they'll look adorable on any baby! I'll have to try this pattern too...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Oh, that's adorable! If only I had a little girl . . . Maybe someday :-)

12:12 AM  
Blogger Nalan Kaplan said...

Great!Beautiful bonnet...

3:17 AM  
Blogger alison said...

I really want to make that bonnet too. So beautiful. But I wasn't sure about the Pricess Leia bows on the side. They are really pretty, but as you say, the scale seems weird. It looks so lovely on the baby in the book though. I hope we get to see yours on a baby sometime!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love it!

4:24 PM  
Blogger mamatoani said...

gorgeous! so pretty.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that I am a idiot, I keep trying to make the bonnet and it is not turning out!! It states Cast on 8, then *knit 1, Yarn forward, repeat from* to the last stitch, knit 1. This does not equal the 8 casted on stitches. My stitches and the pattern does not seem to match. I'm asumming the YF is the same as YO. Any help out there?

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home