Thursday, December 14, 2006

 Fruit Roll Up Hat



I've knitted another Fruit Roll Up Hat for Cara. The pattern is by Laura Sanchez for LL and I bought it on eBay. Cara has outgrown the baby one I did for her in Lorna's Laces Worsted in Bittersweet - I never got a good photo of it on her because the colours are so bright, but that's the swatch in the lower photo; Bittersweet is the most mouthwatering colour.

The new one is the largest size and is in LL Worsted again, this time in Iris Garden (top photo; I can't persuade Blogger to rearrange them). It's the same yarn as the Debbie Bliss Hooded Top but I don't suppose she'll wear them together, they'll just fill out her wardrobe of purp and pinkle. I didn't do all the bobbles on this one, because I was worried about running out of yarn, but I probably could have done another row.

I'm giving her a picture book called 'Shall I Knit You a Hat?' (by Kate Klise) for Christmas, so I'll give her the hat then too. Photos may follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nalan Kaplan said...

very nice hat!Beautiful yarn.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home