Monday, December 11, 2006


Hi! I'm a very beginning knitter and a new mama. I made my first sweater recently. It's the garter stitch baby sweater from the Yarn Girls Guide to Kid Knits.

Here's my darling girl checking herself out in the mirror. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay agate.

I'd love to attempt the child's placket neck sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but I'm feeling intimidated by double pointed needles. Any suggestions for books that might explain how to do it?
Happy knitting!

Laura

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I love your sweater and your baby is super cute too.

I'll have to check out The Yarn Girls Book for Kids Knits now that I'm expecting.

I've found that Stitch 'n Bitch is a good book for learning new tricks, but also check out: http://www.knittinghelp.com/

8:30 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Adorable! The sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts will be a great next sweater for you. Definitely check out the sources that are in the previous comment.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That is a beautiful sweater! Good for you! You should be very proud of yourself. And it's on a gorgeous baby, too! =)

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure to use the corrected pattern from their site, that book while beautiful is notoriously full of errors. http://www.purlsoho.com/_gr/our_books/childplacketsweater.pdf

1:22 PM  
Blogger mamatoani said...

Thanks all for the compliments and advice!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home