Monday, November 13, 2006

 Pink hoodie




This is the Hooded Sweater from Debbie Bliss's Special Knits, made up in Lorna's Laces Worsted in Iris Garden. The yarn is heaven to knit with, and I justified the apparent extravagance because it's so washable and can even be tumble-dried. Cara (whom you have seen already, wearing her crown) had a hat made from this yarn (in Bittersweet) when she was a tiny baby so I knew it would be soft on her skin.

Because of the lack of schematics in the book, I was working in the dark again about the size. I shortened the body, which turned out to be a mistake because the hood pulls it back and shortens the front, but this looks quite cute so it doesn't matter too much. I shortened the sleeves, which turned out be a good idea. I also made the sleeves straight rather than tapered, which makes them easier to roll up at feeding time.

The hood is an interesting construction, and I like the shaping at the front vee. There is a seam down the centre of the hood and since it was going to be very visible, I decided to make a feature of it and did a three-needle cast off instead of a seam. This gives a nice chunky appearance.

A super fast and easy knit, which I will probably do again when she's a bit bigger.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm knitting the hooded sweater, and am so confused about the hood part. The "to finish" section says to "join cast on edge of hood to bound off sts of back neck". I thought the cast on edge of the hood is a part of the hood's front edge. Or did I understand it wrong? Thank you very much for your help.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home