Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 I just wanted to show you ....

the two baby sweaters I finished right before Alison started this blog. They are knit from Cottage Creations' Baby and Bears Sweater pattern, and I think they're great .... a quick knit, with very little finishing required.

The first was knit from Plymouth Encore (#7827 "Sky"):


and the second (which I initially compared to clown barf, but it's grown on me) is knit from Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted ("Child's Play").


Each sweater (knit in the 6-12 month size) took about three days to knit, and the pattern is written so that you can make a larger sweater simply by using a larger-gauge yarn.

If you're looking for a quick, cute sweater pattern, I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Clown barf, ha! I see what you mean. I think only a child could pull off wearing colors like that. Very cute and good to know they are fast knits. I like that!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the shades of blue on the first one! I've just finished my first sweater, and when my husband saw it he immediately asked "Where's the hood?" Maybe I'll have to make one of these next. Thanks for the pattern suggestion!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These sweaters are terrific. I'll hunt for the pattern. Thanks for Sharing

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home