Thursday, September 20, 2007

 If it ain't broke...

You know what they say! So I turned once again to what is, for now, my favorite bootie pattern (see my blog for details on my modification) and threw in a baby beret for good measure:



In a dusky plum, cotton/silk blend it is a lovely gift for a baby girl. In fact, I so loved making this set I'm considering duplicating it for my own little girl, due in December! Of course, I have to finish her February Sweater and baby blanket first!

Speaking of the February Sweater, if any of you have finished one and followed EZ's instructions fairly closely, could you please take a minute to comment on what size sweater emerged from your needles? I'm working with her prescribed gauge of 5 sts/in.

Thanks!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger knitting elephant said...

If you take the number of stitches you have after picking up the sleeve sts and divide it by your gauge, you'll get a rough chest measurement. FWIW, zigzag stitch made one for her daughter at 5 sts per inch and it fit her at ~15-18 months old. Google her and you'll see! :-) Feel free to email me for more clarity... And congrats on upcoming baby!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bootie pattern couldn't be opened.. what is the pattern?

10:17 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sorry, Crocheter!

The correction to the link has been made. Next time, I'll be sure to check my spelling before posting.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home