Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 Even More Itty Bitty Hats


I've been knitting hats for a baby that was due on Hallowe'en. The date has now been changed and brought forward, but I thought s/he might still like to have a hat to wear on the day, so I started with a Pumpkin Hat. The baby's mum couldn't wear wool when she was born (yes, I can remember that far back) so I made all of these hats in cotton.

Here, I subbed Jaeger Aqua 100% cotton for the prescribed yarn. The shade is called Pumpkin, which made it easy to choose.










This is the Candy Cane hat in two shades of Rowan Handknit Cotton, as prescribed, but in Gooseberry and (what else?) cream. The cream is actually called Ecru, but it was thick double cream that it made me think of, rather than unbleached linen. Green seems appropriate as the baby is half English, half Irish, half Scottish and half American.

And lastly, for the moment, the Felted Flower Hat in the amazing shrinking Rowan Denim. If baby is a boy, the flower can be left off and it will just be denim hat, and if baby is a girl, the flower can be sewn on.
There is another larger flower, which I made as a pin for mum to wear if she wants to match her baby girl. The flowers are made from some pink Koigu, since they seem small enough not to bring anyone out in a rash.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Those are all just scrumptious! Beautiful work.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Really lovely work, Helen. I especially like the denim one.

11:16 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Awww, the denim one is my fave!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home