Monday, June 04, 2007

 Pair of Placket Sweaters

Child's Placket Neck Sweater, from Joelle Hoverson's Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
both in the second size out of Woolease.

I was able to gift both of these yesterday at the same event. Very cool.

I think the pattern intends for the opening to be along the shoulder, but I put in the middle, not sure if it's the front or back, probably will depend on the baby and mother's preference. When I finished it I decided that I liked the way it looked and that it probably didn't even need the buttons or beads that the pattern calls for.

I got a great knitted baby present this weekend! You can see it here. I was very excited, I'd seen the blog about it last week, but didn't know it was for us! There was more, I'll take a picture for my next post.

I'll make more of these, but I'm taking a break for now.
Back to socks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

The opening is meant to be in the center! The pattern is incorrect in the first edition of the book. You can find the errata at purlsoho.com

It's a great gift sweater. Yours look terrific!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

These are great gifts ... the moms are going to love them!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you in nc too? i noticed that the friend who made you that cute little sweater, Sarah, lives in CH NC. I'm not too far from there. wondering about you. :) there are lots of knitters here, but i'm the only one i know with a new baby :)

debbliz@earthlink.net

7:05 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love that sweater pattern - I nearly wore OUT the one I made my son.....and have plans to make him another larger one.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home