Thursday, May 24, 2007

 Long time, no Sheldons

For a while I saw Sheldons all over the knitblog world! I never got around to making one, though. So here I go, now that the craze is over!

When my friend informed me that she did NOT want gifts of baby clothes for her twins (due in August) I decided I wasn't going to waste my time, or yarn, on hand-knit clothing she would never use. But I had to knit her something! So from the needles came a Sheldon:


He is knit from the recommended KnitPicks Shine Sport in colors Sky and River. I also used the recommended needle sizes of 3 dpns and 4 straights. Maintaining gauge for all of the separate pieces that had to fit together in the end was challenging, but overall, I'm pleased with the result.

Next I'll be working on his green clone for the other twin!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

LOL! That's so cute! I love it. The mom is sure to, too. Are you making another one?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Paula460 said...

so sweet this Sheldon of yours!!!
lucky twins!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home