Thursday, April 05, 2007

 Uh, more baby stuff, of course

I wish I had the babies to model the latest FO, my first tomten. Definitely not the last. As with all the EZ ideas, this one was both a pleasure and a bit of challenge to knit. I do love her organic instruction, but found a problem in my interpretation on this one. I own 2 EZ books, Knitting Workshop and Knitting Without Tears. I find I frequently use the Knitting Workshop, this is where I gleaned my instruction for the tomten. While ‘under construction’ I found that the proportions looked a little odd, recalled my 2nd book, and pulled it out. The instruction is much clearer in K w/o T, the numbers added up in a way that I assume (on my next tomten) will better resemble the tomtens displayed by the numerous lil’ cuties on some of the Zimmermaniac blogger sites. I hate ripping items, especially as my revelation came after I had picked up the 1st sleeve stitches…so I just knit on. I think the piece will fit a newbie for a bit…like a really new newbie. And then I might just hang it on a cute hanger on their wall until I have a friend who needs it. I love the elfin-ness of the pointed hood, so the photos reflect a little of the whimsy of the garden. The yarns used are: Lion Brand 100% Organic cotton and Cascade yarns Pima Tencel in 7478. I included the color # because it is the most brilliant and delicious red, think shiny candy apples with that hard cinnamon coating. Yummy. The organic cotton is nice and feels durable and….well, organic. I want to cast on for another, in the 1-2 year old range, with another shade of the organic cotton with the same red edging. The pompom was my fill-in for lack of button/toggle, plus Martha did a segment on pompom bunnies that inspired me. And it allowed me to use more deee-licious red.

Another little bit is more booties, I have sock yarn that was just sitting, so between hoodies I cast on this little ditty…I lurve these booties. Quick and cute, resembling moon boots in an odd way due to the bumpy sides. I thought argyle for the instep but went with simple stripes instead. One down, three to go. I am at the start of Hoodie 2, Hoodie 1 posted on here. This color just gleams; I am desperately in love with this yarn and think I may need to use it in a ‘grown-up’ piece once baby knitting peeters out.


Just a thought…memes crop up all over the posts/pages but I thought it might be cool to hear from other pregnant women on the subject of 5 Weird Things About My Pregnancy. So as to not clog up this site with overly long posts, why don’t you write about it at your blog and link us up so we can find out about the quirks in your pregnancy. You can find mine here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Austysmum said...

I love the colurs on your boooties and have been meaning to knit some in that style for a while - they are just too cute!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home