Sunday, February 25, 2007

 Knitty's Katja

I started this little top yesterday, and it practically flew off my needles. When I first saw it in Knitty, I wasn't sure how I felt about it - too racy or too cute for words? I'm desperately trying to decrease my stash, and I ran across this pattern again yesterday in my search for the perfect pattern + stash yarn combo. I remembered that I had a small fortune invested in Lily Sugar N Cream dishcloth cotton (from my Mason-Dixon hysteria yarn buying), and the gauge was just right for this little top (Katja). It was such an easy knit! I knitted it in the smallest size and in the round to avoid having to seam up the back, and I only used one ball of the above mentioned yarn. I'm already playing around with a couple of ideas for modifications, including making it longer (to make it a dress) and figuring out a way to make the straps flatter and shorter (so I can criss-cross them in the back, then button them). I think it's pretty cute, and I would bet that it would be cutie-patootie over a onesie.

Sorry that the picture isn't of better quality; I'm having a hard time getting a good shot today! I have just loved seeing everyone else's posts! Please keep knitting and posting!

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I'm so glad I had a girl this time, because when I saw this I wanted to knit this. Yours looks really cute.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

I printed this pattern when it came out, and just mentioned it to a friend an hour ago. Now I really have to do it.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home