Thursday, February 15, 2007



It's been a while... life with 2 kids is really busy... but I had to show off this baby and this hat. The hat is made with Alpaca Silk-- not the most practical baby yarn, but I figure that gravity generally keeps her spit-up off her head, so it won't need to be washed too often. No pattern-- I kind of made it up as I went along.

Regarding more practical baby yarns-- she has been wearing a sweater that I knit with Valley Yarns Longmeadow. It's a cotton microfiber blend, so not too heavy, very soft to the touch, but still keeps her warm. We've machine washed & dried it several times in the last week (this kid spits up a LOT), and it has kept its shape, with no fuzzing or pilling or anything. I would definitely use this for baby projects again.



Keep knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I love the bright stripes!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home