Thursday, January 25, 2007

 Toddler Skully Sweaters


Since I knit that one pink sweater for the little one (who might be a girl) still inside, I thought that probably I should also knit a sweater for each Big Brother. Here they are in their matching Skully Sweaters. I used the Wonderful Wallaby pattern, which was lots of fun. It's such a simple knit, and leaves a lot of room for creative additions. These were knit in the 2nd and 3rd sizes, to give my boys a little room to grow. They'll still fit in these next winter, which is key. =)

I will totally knit this again. Once this baby is born and I know what gender it is, I'll pick out appropriate colors.

I had to do some crazy "franken-knitting" of the larger sweater, which taught me a heck of a lot about knitted fabric. It's amazing what we can do with two sticks and some yarn (or four sticks, in this case). You can go to my blog to check out more pics and project details if you're interested.

Just purchased the Baby Basics Fiber Trends pattern (found it on sale here at Ram Wools. With shipping it's just over $5). I'll spin up some creamy white Merino in the next few weeks for that. Pefect fit for Project Spectrum!

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

So cool!

9:01 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, holy cow, those are adorable! :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I love the big grin on your youngest son's face. Nice that he appreciates a big hug from his brother.

12:58 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Such cuties! And the sweaters came out great. I've got that pattern - gotta give it a try!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home