Saturday, January 27, 2007

 new member...LOTS of baby knitting!

Hi,
I guess I should introduce myself...I'm Jennifer and I usually blog here. I'm due in May with our first child, a boy! My side is thrilled 'cus it's the first grandchild...his side would have preferred a girl as they already have 4 grandsons, but they are still happy for us. :)

I have been doing tons of baby knitting, both for myself and as gifts for others. I am going to catch up the stuff done to date here so in the future I will only have to add the new stuff. I'm warning you now, this will be a long post! I'll start from the oldest stuff and move towards the most recent.

This is a cardigan that was originally designed for Sirdar Snowflake yarn- the stuff that looks and feels like Polar. I changed to Patons Decor and added the stripes and some cute wooden buttons. It was my first sweater and it was knit for my husband's godson, the 3rd of his 4 nephews, who was 4 at the time. The sweater really does fit him well but he wasn't in a picture taking mood!


This is a baby blanket I knit over the summer 2006. My local knitting guild had was collecting baby blankets to raffle off for charity and I made this one, called the Harlequin Baby Blanket, out of Muench's Tessin yarn. (Great, squishy, springy cotton blend yarn!)

I made this once we found out we were pregnant. It's the Just Ducky hat and socks set and I used Diamond Tempo Worsted (75% acrylic, 25% wool).

It's been a year for babies and the next in line was my cousin's son Sean who was born in December. I knit this elephant for her baby shower in November. The pattern is from a book on Easy Knit Toys by Joy Gammon and it is the first pattern I have ever knit from a French pattern. (I didn't know the book was available in English at the time). I used Sirdar Country DK I think.

This was for another cousin's son Oliver, who was born over the summer but I was busy with my September wedding and didn't have a chance to work on it. It is the Betsey Brachiosaurus pattern from Family Circle's Baby Knits and I used Bernat Baby Coordinates.

This was for our son but knit before we found out he is a boy. It's the Froggy hat and socks pattern and was also knit with Diamond Tempo yarn.


This is Kate Gilbert's Samantha pattern that I knit for my friend who had a daughter in September. I used Sirdar Snuggly and adapted it with some intarsia for the two-color look.


This is a cardigan I started for our child before getting pregnant, even before our wedding. I like dark colors on babies and had no problems knitting a black cardigan, although I did size it for 2 years. It is the Ducks in a Row pattern from an old Patons Astra booklet but I omitted the duck motifs for a plain, raglan cardigan. I used the Astra yarn and found some cute 1-8 plastic buttons at my LYS.

I have about 3 more photos of baby knitting but Blogger wouldn't let me upload them so I'll post them in a few days.

I'm getting really inspired by seeing all the gorgeous baby knits you guys have done!

Jennifer.



5 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

I just melted when I saw that little elephant! So sweet.

Everything looks fabulous. Beautiful work!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Thank you! It was really easy and my favorite part was the garter ridges on the trunk.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love the stuffed toys, and I immediatly bookmarked the patterns for the ducky and froggy hats/socks. Too cute! I can't wait to see what else you've been up to :)

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did such a nice job on the hooded sweater and I just love the colors you used in the baby blanket. Your family is very lucky you are so talentd and can gift them.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! This site is really useful, it has great ideas, I love the Duck and Froggy!
I´d like to add a link to this site n my blog, contact me if you don´t want me to do that.

Thank you!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home