Friday, January 26, 2007

 For Our First Grandchild

I finished this baby set quite some time ago but was waiting until I had matching booties made before photographing and blogging about it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This set is for our first grandchild, due in March. As you can see there are no booties. I have decided to wait until the baby fits the sweater before making the booties. There is a bit of a story in that:

A couple of years ago (has it really been that long?!) I made this set twice, once for each of two grandnieces, and included booties I had designed to match. Not having had babies around for over 20 years, I was a little out of touch with how big the babies' feet would be when they were large enough to wear the sweater (a "six month" size), and the booties apparently fit far sooner than the sweater. On the other hand, I also designed the little hat and it fit at the appropriate time.

Here you see the new set modeled on a baby doll.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 Comments:

Blogger Cambria said...

it's a beautiful set! Congrats on the grand child!

5:51 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Very sweet!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutly adore this set! Did you make the pattern yourself?? It is SO sweet!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I designed the hat and a pair of booties (I need to work on the size of the booties) to match the little sweater which is from the book "Kids, Kids, Kids: 40 Winning Patterns from the Knitter's Magazine Contest (Paperback) by Ann Regis(Editor), Alexis Xenakis (photographer)."

2:09 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Beautiful job! I'm sure that the baby will make it all look even more gorgeous. =)

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Marlene. I really love the set that you made, I may be making another book investment this weekend :P

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Inez Verginia said...

Ola!!! Meu nome é Inez Verginia
Moro no Paraná,Brasil.
Estou encantada com o famoso Berbboned Baby, mas nao consigo a receita em lugar algum.
Seria possivel me enviar,mesmo em ingles porque dou um jeito de traduzir.
Agradeço muito pela sua atenção.
inez.panceri@hotmail.com

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home