Saturday, December 23, 2006

 Some long finished items


I finishe dthe Surprise Baby Jacket a couple of weeks ago, but just never got around to posting. I really enjoyed making this pattern. EZ was truly a genius!
The best part of it is that I used some incredible Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and didn't have to cut it at all. The whole hank is in there. I had to use a little bit of another yarn for the last 3 or so inches of bind off. This means that when the baby use is done, it can become socks for me! Hooray!
The second picture is of the bib that I converted from crochet to knit. I finished this before November but again, never got around to posting it. I like the yarn, and I like the pattern, but I don't like the yarn and pattern together. I hope to redo it with a regular kitchen cotton.
Ann

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Ann, both knits are SO cute! What needle size did you use for the CTH/Baby Surprise jacket? I'd love to make one, too.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thank you!
I used size 2 needles with Cherry Tree Hill's Super Sport yarn.
The yarn really feel great. Each time I pick up the sweater, I look forward to it becoming a pair of socks for myself!
(I really should just buy some more for me!)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These knits are adorable! Have you tried baby socks? I'm still trying to figure it out! I did find some adorable baby socks that stay put and are too cute!

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home