Monday, November 27, 2006

 Not much knitting here, but...

I've been hunting everywhere for some Angora yarn to make some of the booties from LMKG. Anyone have an online source they like? It actually seems hard to find anything here that doesn't have a significant amount of either polyester or acrylic in it, so I'm feeling a little disheartened on the knitting front.

What I have been doing is sewing! Which isn't strictly on-topic, but if you want to see a furry fleece "sweater" in the 6-12 month size, there are pictures at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39087606@N00/305698132/

4 Comments:

Blogger Random Musings said...

Have you tried Mary Maxim? They have so many yarns available. I have just the other problem....I need yarns w/o wool in them due to a family who is allergic to wool...

2:45 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hey, if you can't find anything, contact me. I tried out selling some hand dyed angora sock yarn but it didn't go far so I stopped selling, but I still have plenty of it. That's not a pure angora, but I can get that easily too, at very reasonable prices, or even as a swap. Let me know! Email me at rrej37 at hotmail dot com!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Lorna's Laces Angel is a great yarn to work with - I got mine off ebay!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Ami said...

I used valeriadiroma angora it worked perfectly. I got it from Yarnella's ebay shop

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home