Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All my friends got pregnant right after Jo Jo was born and had their 2nd or 3rd babies. Of course you know, this means baby knits!

These were completed and gifted to Lucas along with matching “Ruth’s Perfect Booties” that I forgot to photograph.

The striped one is made from Cotton Ease in my own simple striped pattern.

This one is Wendy Peter Pan DK.... super soft chenille yarn.

This hat I made, from Itty Bitty Hats called the Rainbow Marley, with Cotton Classic from my LYS. I made the dreads but never attached them. And never finished weaving in all the ends. The hat and dreads are still in my UFO box. But Lucas was born in Spring in NC and it’s not hat weather for long after that around here. And somehow the 2 hats above seemed like enough.

Look at all those ends!
But I do LOVE this hat! Someone please have a baby in the cool months!?!


Check out the dreads

And these were made for baby Maddie.

Feet cloth.

Butterfly stitch cloth.
Princess duckies.


Maddie’s Upside Down Daisy, also delivered with matching RPB baby booties. I made the main part of the hat with Rowan CashSoft, the stem parts with Rowan Handknit cotton, and the petals with the most expensive substitute yarn my LYS had. I almost fainted when they recommended it to me and I saw the price. But I had no time to look for another sub so I bought it, and to their credit it was the most wonderful, springy, beautiful bright white microfiber yarn I’ve ever worked with or seen. Don’t remember the name though. :-(


I procrastinated sewing on those daisy petals after seeing some other daisy hats on Ravelry and hearing about how difficult it was to sew them on and have it come out not looking like crap, but oh my gosh this was the cutest ever hat when it was finished, and I swear it looked 100 times cuter on that sweet baby girl. We were blessed with a cool spell the week after I gifted the hat so I was able to see her enjoying the CashSoft warmth and cuteness. I enjoyed ogling this hat so much that I'm making one for my neighbor's 1st grandbaby too! Gotta do something with all that pricey white petal yarn!
Happy Wednesday, folks!
Deborah

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Totally gorgeous. I'm about to start another hat binge, and I think it might just include a Marley. One thing I'll tell you about daisy hats - it's very hard to stop at one.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I adore the rainbow hat! I am expecting in December and I might just have to try my hand at it! Thanks for the inspiration!
Great work! :)

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is sooo adorable! I LOVE it! Great work!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

I'm very impressed with all of the knitting! That rainbow hat is sooooooooo adorable!

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm about to make the rainbow hat for my new baby, but couldn't find the blue color #3808 (according to the book). Do you remember what the blue color number was for the hat you knit?

-Kristin
littlesunfish.wordpress.com

9:44 PM  
Anonymous dantel said...

That hat is sooo adorable! I LOVE it! Great work! thanx for i like it

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home