Wednesday, May 07, 2008

 Mackenzie's Baby Surprise Jacket

I forgot to post this last month upon finishing it. My son is due in 61 days (hoping to not make it that long)!

I present to you, Mackenzie's Baby Surprise Jacket. The information is as follows:

Specs:
Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman (Ravelry Link)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport Multi in Devon #407
Purchased: Online at Yarnbow
Needle: US 4 / 3.5 mm
Size: 0-3 month size
Timeline: Cast on February 23rd, 2008 at the Montreal Canadiens vs. Columbus Blue Jackets game - Cast off March 16th, 2008. Added buttons & seamed on April 10th, 2008.
Modifications: None really. Followed pattern as published.
Opinion: Sport weight is not 6 month size. Thank goodness Mackenzie isn't born yet. This way, he'll fit into it when he does! But regardless, I love the finished project!

I am just loving this finished project! It's a fave piece of mine right now. And the buttons are just awesome. Nothing fancy, but look great.

I had my son Sean's friends' little brother model for size the sweater. He barely fit into it, and he's in the 50th percentile for 5.5 months old. Hmmm. Sport weight is supposed to be 6 month size according to the pattern. Apparently not. I think it's around 3 month old size, if that. Anyhow, it's a good thing it's for a baby that is not born yet, so he can wear it until he outgrows it. If he was already born, and didn't fit into it - I'd be upset! LOL. I am really happy with it's finished results.

I blog here. I'm currently in progress of a matching Sweet Baby Cap, since I had plenty of leftovers.

Happy Knitting,
Robyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home