Wednesday, December 05, 2007

 Lemon Twist Fertility booties


A friend of mine has just been for her third IVF attempt so needs a bit of sticky dust and fertility vibes. So I knitted up this pair of booties to help out. Ever heard of the old "lemon booties, made for you with love, under your pillow each night will increase your fertility" old wives tale? At this stage, I'll try anything to help her and I bet she would too. So I added a touch of green for luck, when I dyed the wool myself with jelly crystals dissolved in a tub of water. I thought it made them look a bit prettier too (not much of a fan of lemon on neborns myself), so hopefully they will look adorable on her baby's tiny toes one day (hopefully next year!).


4 Comments:

Blogger knitting elephant said...

Having been through 8 IVF cycles, I wish your friend the absolute best results! I love the booties--the colors, the pattern... they're perfect!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! And your friend's future baby will be so lucky! I've been through 4 cycles of IVF myself; got lucky on try #3. But maybe it was my new hobby of knitting, which I started with that cycle, saying to myself "SOMEday I will have a baby, and that baby will have some hand-knitted things!" Now I have 3 kids, all wearing handknits. So knit on!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Fuzzy White Dogs said...

This is the first time I've heard the old wive's tale about lemon booties, but I really like it! I could've used a pair of those when I was trying for my first baby!

The ones you made are beautiful! I love the colors, and the pattern is really cute. Is it (the pattern) on-line?

I'd like to make a pair like those for a friend of mine who just found out she's pregnant & is totally freaking out about it. (She's in her 30's and had no intention of ever having children!)

I'm thinking if she had a little tiny precious pair of booties it might help her "get in the mood" for a sweet little baby! :-)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Oh ... How Special they are !!!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home