Monday, May 21, 2007

 Finished Object!



Jonathan Robert Harper


9 pounds 11 ounces (ooops! correction: 8 pounds 11 ounces. yes, 9 pounds 11 ounces would have been a great big baby too big for all the handknits :) )


20.75 inches long


was born April 23rd, 2007 at 3:09 PM

I had just finished knitting the collar on my baby pea pod, no buttons yet; and I had almost finished seaming my Debbie Bliss ribbon edged cardigan, no collar or buttons yet, when he was born. The newborn size pea pod hat fit him for the 1st 2 weeks, but it's too small now. I'm glad I made the 6 mos size too! I'm just hoping the sweaters still fit this fall because it's hot in NC and we haven't had anywhere to go to show off the lovely handknits on the cool days. But that's okay. Maybe he'll have a baby born in the fall or winter someday himself and can use it for his own child. :)

I'll still post pictures as soon as I can take them.

Deborah in NC

4 Comments:

Blogger Austysmum said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He's adorable!

These 9lb + babies spoil all our woolly show-off plans don't they? LOL. Mine was 9lb 1oz and while it was cool up until his birth, we had a hot spell for the first two weeks and when it got cool again 2 weeks later, he had grown out of everything I'd knitted him! We have a winter baby in the plans now... got to have one to wear all the woollies! ;)

Ooh - he so cute. Give him a snuggle for me, please!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

You have a beautiful baby there =) Nice job!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Congraulations ... he's beautiful!!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Congrats!! :)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home