Monday, April 02, 2007

 Baby Girl Knits

My friend Marin is expecting a baby girl; due to be born a few weeks after my little boy who is due May, 2nd.

Now that I've given her the gifts I knit for her and the baby, I can post pictures of them here.

Pinwheel Baby Blanket (click on link for free pattern)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I knit this blanket with two colors of superwash sock yarn from Solvang's Village Spinning and Weaving.
I knit the center with size 3 needles, and, expanding outward, I switched to size 5 needles, and then knit the blue and green perimeter (I ran out of the purple rainbow yarn towards the end) with size 8 needles. I knit one of the final rows in a knit-2-together, yarn over, pattern to give it a little extra frill on the end before binding off.

I made a matching hat out of the same yarn.
I made up the pattern as I went along, decreasing when I thought a decrease was nessisary, and adding a knotted i-cord top inspired by Stitch 'n Bitch's "umbilical cord hat."
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I also made a pair of baby socks and adult sized socks, with purple Trekking sock yarn in purple, using Wendy's free Toe up Sock Pattern.

Here's a picture of the baby socks with a AA battery for scale:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I finished the adult version at the very last minute and forgot to get a picture of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Austysmum said...

Oh those socks are just ADORABLE! Nothing like a pair of baby socks to set the cluckometer off, let alone a beautiful knitted pair!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home