Friday, December 29, 2006

 Wrap-around Newborn sweater

We have a finally finished object. Just in time too as the intended recipient- Chloe Marie- was
born today.




Pattern: Judy’s Grandmother’s Baby Sweater from Greetings from the Knit Cafe
Yarn: Aracaunia by Atacama
Needles: No. 5 Addi Turbos
Started: Sometime in October
Finished: 12/27/2006
Impressions: This is one of those genius knits where there is nary a seam, although you do have to pick up stitches in several places which takes me just as long. The benefit to a seamless baby sweater though is that there are no lumpy seams. It seems like a good way to use variegated yarn as well since it’s such a simple stitch. I personally don’t like multi-coloured yarn in things that are too complicated and am always searching for good patterns to highlight the colours in the yarn. I might try doing this again in something lighter weight or more cottony as I think this sweater is going to be really, really warm. It is soft though. This is just one of those really freakin’ cool patterns. Cause it’s seamless folks. Cross posted at my blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Cute jacket and I love the yarn. I so much want to buy some of that shade, but I've forbidden myself until I've decided what I'm going to make with it. Maybe I'll think of an excuse in the new year.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home