Sunday, November 26, 2006

 Finishing Spree!

Since I found out that I'm having a boy, I've been completely unable to focus on Christmas knitting. I have cranked out a few baby sweaters over the last two weeks, though.

Two for my new little guy --



Pattern: Feb/Mar 1978 Mon Tricot
Yarn: Nashua Creative Focus Cotton



Pattern: Embroidered Raglan from Knitting for Two
Yarn: GGH Bali

One for a mystery baby --



Pattern: Classic Cashmere Sweater from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (what, expecting cashmere?)

This last sweater I knit before I was even pregnant with my now toddler. I was wanting babies, so I figured that knitting for them might help. :) I found this completely knitted in my yarn closet and decided to seam it up. Since it's the nine month size and closes with a bow, I think it looks a little too girly. Any opinions?

7 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Those little blue sweaters are lovely. I don't think the last one is girly; it's quite chunky looking and who's going to notice he has a bow at the back of his neck? I think he should have 'em all.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Can the bow be removed and replaced with a button placket? Other than the bow it looks unisex.

All three sweaters look great.

10:31 PM  
Blogger celia said...

I think the sweaters are so cute. I don't think the cream one is girly.. if it was in pink or lilac, it would be but the cream is pretty unisex and the bow closure is at the back and should nto matter too much

celia

2:37 AM  
Blogger stitching pooh said...

change the bow out for and i-cord. hey looks like someone spamed you bummer. Hope you are well :o)

4:17 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I agree -- change the bow out for some other closure and it won't read "girl" at all. You could also embroider or applique something to the front -- your boy-associated motif of choice -- to give it a more "boy" feeling.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....where are my knitting needles? How can you look at all these wee sweaters and no make one?

1:06 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Love that little white sweater! What a find! I think it'd be okay on a boy, but if you could switch the bow to a band of some sort, that'd be more boyish.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home