Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 Mommy snug in progress

Hello! I know some of you were knitting Mommy snugs from the last Interweave knits summer issue. Mine goes really slow, I just finished the front and it has taken 2 weeks. Here it is, pinned on my cami. I'm in love with it, the shape is perfect. Kate Gilbert is not only a great designer but also knows about pregnant women's bodies. I'm using Jaeger merino aran which is a problem because it is not exactly the suggested yarn for this model. But it was on sale at my LYS and it caught my attention because of its softness and the bright red color. To fix the gauge problem, I am knitting with #5 instead of #6 needles following the small size pattern instead of my size which is large. The result is fine and anyway I'll be using the sweater during the coldest months in Maine, so I made a wise decission.
Any comment?

13 Comments:

Blogger Laura B said...

Looks great so far!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Orlop =) said...

sqeeee, that's gorgeous now i'll have to get that copy of interveve knits....

2:50 PM  
Blogger knittindaisy said...

very cute!! love the color.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That is lovely! I love the red!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love it! It makes me want to get pregnant!

11:27 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous on you. Very flattering! Good luck finishing!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Hi Jillz, thanks for the nice comments about my siesta throw in Noro Kureyon. To answer your questions- I used 5mm circs and I cast on 130 sts. You could play about with the numbers depending on the look you want. Now, off to read your blog!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

My comment: it's great! You're going to get a lot of good use out of it.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

That looks cool. Mine is very similar and is taking forever too. I am using Naturally et soie which is merino and silk, in red too. Don't you just love red?

1:43 PM  
Blogger FloridaWife said...

I just came upon this blog. This is all really interesting.

Maybe I can finally get pregnant and join you all someday...

8:36 PM  
Blogger FloridaWife said...

I just came upon this blog. This is all really interesting.

Maybe I can finally get pregnant and join you all someday...

8:36 PM  
Blogger Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Awesome!

Just discovered this place, I am a knitter and am pregnant (due in July). Unfortunately, pregnancy seems to put a damper on my knitting because carpal tunnel rears its ugly head, so I have to cut back. I will enjoy reading this though.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home