Thursday, November 16, 2006

 It's a boy!

Hello! My name is Toni and I am 22 weeks pregnant with our first child. We found out on Tuesday that we are having a boy! I have an ultrasound pic up on my blog if anyone is interested is seeing him =)

I haven't done alot of baby knitting so far - not knowing the sex was making me very indecisive. =) I am working on the Prepster sweater from The Yarn Girls Guide to Kid Knits. I decided not to use the Noro Kureyon called for in the pattern. It didn't seem like a soft enough choice to me. Instead I am using Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in red. I took this pic a while ago, but at least you can see the yarn I am using:

The front, back and one arm is complete now. I just need to buckle down and finish arm #2!

I still haven't decided on my next project yet. There are so many patterns so, I'm all ears if anyone would like to tell me their favorite pattern for baby boys -whether it be from a book, magazine or the web. I'm doing the Prepster in a larger size - 1yr- so I'd like my next project to be in a newborn size. If you have any opinions to share, you can email me at toniATwilwaDOTnet or leave a comment here of course!

Since I am a dyer and a spinner as well as a knitter and crocheter, I'm thinking about doing some dyeing with wiltons or koolaid and spinning up yarn for a sweater or hat. I really like MamaK's Baby Surprise Jacket so I might try that in the handspun (if I can manage to spin a fingering weight yarn!).

You are all doing such beautiful work - you keep me inspired.
Toni

3 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Congrats on finding out you're having a boy! Boys are great! And that Jo Sharp yarn is great too. I've got some in the stash for a weasley sweater for one of my boys. Enjoy knitting for boy on the way! :)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That red tweed is wonderful, and is such a good color for a little boy!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Thanks guys!

I really love the yarn and the color - I ended up finding the yarn first and then matching it with the pattern.
Alison - a note of caution - don't tug on the yarn very hard b/c it breaks easy (or I'm a brute lol). I have a couple very short bind off ends. =)

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home