Friday, October 06, 2006

 welcome baby bumpers

Hey knitbloggers! Sporting a baby bump these days? Even if you're not pregnant yourself, are you planning some knits for someone's wee one on the way? Join me in blogging about your baby knits!

I'm hoping this blog will give us an opportunity to
- share our favorite baby patterns,
- discuss the best baby yarns to use,
- recommend ideas for maternity patterns,
- share belly pics, ultrasounds, all that exciting stuff,
- talk about the best knitted baby gifts we've received,
- and share our progress on all the baby knits we've got planned.

If you'd like to join, send me an email at alison [AT] knitsmiths [DOT] us. Let me know if you're a baby bumper (and if so, when you're due!) or if you're a knitter with baby gifts to knit for others. I'll send you an invite to join the blog and put you on the sidebar with a link to your blog, if you have one. Then you can get started posting! As we get some good recommendations together for baby patterns and yarns, I'll try to post them in the sidebar.

There's really nothing better than knitting for a baby, so let's get knitting!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting for babies - one girl born early September and twins - a boy and a girl born at the end of September. I'm working on a pink blankie for the first and still thinking about the twins. Would be glad for pattern and yarn ideas. In 40+ years of knitting I've never knit for twins. Exciting!

4:29 PM  
Blogger maitai said...

how is it that everyone is due on the 7th of the month??!

4:50 PM  
Blogger alison said...

You know, you're right Maitai, there's no need to put down 2007, either it's this Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer next year. Silly me!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

i think i shall join! i got babies to knit for. also, it might be fun to keep the "knitters for babies" alphabetical, but maybe put the "bumpers" in due-date order? then we know who to watch for next!

5:25 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Great idea for organizing the names, Helen!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Orlop =) said...

well, I working on something right now for a collegue...that i'd love to finish because I'm a bit burnt out of baby knits, it's been a busy summer...however, in a week time I should know if I am expecting or not and than I just might have to join this? so i'll let you know ;-)

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alison,
Thanks for starting this great project! I am happily knitting for my future little niece, due in March -and sometimes for friends' little ones too.
I'm actually planning to start a pair of those cute pink booties you made and displayed on the blue blog...
Annie

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! This sounds like fun! I'm pregnant with my 4th child, have 3 others. But I've never knit for a newborn. This knit along will be perfect for me : )

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am awaiting Zoe Mellor's bootee book so I can make bootees for babies to come! Thanks for organizing this!

2:02 PM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

What a good idea! I've send you an email!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home