Wednesday, April 30, 2008

 Candy Frill longies!

I just love how quick newborn longies are! These were such fun to make, with bright happy wool I dyed myself with a bit of kool aid and a few packets of jelly crystals. When I first dyed the wool I thought it was hideous and shoved it in the back of the cupboard. But I had no time to dye more as the bub had arrived, so out it came and I dipped it in jelly once more (there were a few white patches between colours which I didn't like so I mixed up some blue and pink top make a delightful lavender to fill in the gaps). Then when I cast on, I started loving what I had thought was a dying disaster! These are picky pants, knit in 8ply (so some adjustments were made to the pattern) with the ruffle edge. Blogged here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home