Wednesday, April 30, 2008

 The Un-Tiramisu Baby Blanket

I found myself recently in a desperate place - far away from home with no yarn, no needles/hooks, no project. A quick surf through Ravelry and a dash to the nearest Wal-Mart craft aisle yielded the beginnings of this blanket. The pattern is the Tiramisu Baby Blanket. I used about 3.5 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Soft Yellow and a size H crochet hook. I decided to use my favorite crochet stitch, the half-double crochet, for the body of the blanket rather than the one from the pattern, but I used the edging as written. It's bigger than the pattern suggested, measuring approximately 36" x 36." I seem to be absolutely incapable of creating a petite baby blanket. Oh well, that just means it'll be useful longer, right? I'm really happy with how it turned out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sereknitty said...

Lovely!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

so cute! love the yellow ans blue!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home