Sunday, May 06, 2007

 Late Arrival



Two weeks and 3 days late our little one joined the family. She is absolutely gorgeous, and I can hardly bear to put her down. I had no idea how fascinated I could be by such a little creature. I'm completely smitten. Thus far, I've FINALLY finished the American/Dutch flag blanket. Photo to come eventually. And a very dear friend knitted this beautiful Debbie Bliss dress for the baby. Her craftsmanship is unbelievable - I should really also post a photo of the inside so that you can see. Amazingly, I had knit a hat for the little one in the identical yarn! She's certainly a lucky little baby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

What a lovely dress! And I have yarn set aside for a baby Shedir of my own (that is the hat pattern, right?) ... it looks beautiful with the dress.

Congratulations on your new arrival!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Isn't the dress lovely?! And yes, the hat pattern is the baby Shedir. Despite knitting on size 1 dpns, the hat is still enormous for my newborn. I've started a smaller version, casting on for five repeats instead of six per row and only one repeat of the cable pattern before starting the decreases. So far it looks about newborn size.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Austysmum said...

this dress is one of my favourites - in fact I bought the book for the dress in it and hopefully one day I'll have a little girl to knit for so I can make it. I love your cabled hat too - GORGEOUS!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger doulicia said...

You must post with baby in the dress when it fits.

Congratulations.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home