Monday, April 30, 2007

 Coming Home Outfit

Last week I out the finishing touches on the Royal Baby Set (pattern by Blue Sky Alpacas).



I want this to be part of #2's coming home from the hospital outfit when he finally joins us in July. I substituted Bunny Hop (50% microfiber Acrylic & 42% microfiber Nylon + 8% rabbit Angora blend - nice and soft to work with and I usually have issues with angora) for the called for Royal because I cannot justify $35/skein non-washable yarn for baby knits - who thinks up these things?!



I am a teeny bit disappointed because the booties are very large for a newborn (and they are actually a little bit smaller than the pattern says they will be!). I plan to make a smaller pair as soon as I work out the math to downsize the pattern (in a week or two- I want to feel like I have actually finished this project for a little bit).



More information can be found at my blog. Happy Knitting!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I have been wanting to knit that set for a long time...maybe now I will! And I feel the same about the yarn.

9:07 PM  
Blogger B said...

The set looks really nice! Maybe your baby will have huge feet. My kids didn't fit in booties.

3:00 AM  
Blogger Austysmum said...

I love the colours and texture. My son was another that didn't fit booties, so I wished I had knit mine all a bit larger. These should be PERFECT!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Good call with the washable yarn substitution. I wholeheartedly agree.

Very cute knit set!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home