Monday, January 08, 2007

 37 weeks and finally started my baby knitting!

Hi!

I'm Bertha and I'm due with my first (gender is a surprise) on 1/24! I've been hanging out in the comments since the beginning, but hadn't posted anything of my own. I wanted to plow through my holiday knitting before I started baby knitting, so I just finished my first baby knits last night! Nothing fancy, just a basic hat & sock set. I made these out of super soft Malabrigo (color: Ladrillo), both magic looped on KnitPicks circs (sz 8 for the hat, sz 7 for the socks). I've never knit for a baby before so I have no idea on sizing...I hope they fit! The only other thing I want to get done before it arrives is the ever-popular Elizabeth Zimmerman baby surprise jacket...Even though I am so ready not to be pregnant anymore, I hope it holds off until I finish it's knitting!



And for fun, here is a belly pic taken last Wednesday at 37 weeks (full term, hooray!)



~Bertha
http://karmakitties.com

3 Comments:

Blogger mamatoani said...

lovely color!

11:14 PM  
Blogger brijeebee said...

Ooh, don't you just love Malabrigo for baby stuff?

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Holly Burnham said...

Believe it or not...you will have a minute now and again to knit once the baby is born....they sleep a lot. (just not at night)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home