Monday, November 13, 2006

 What bed rest gets you...

Last week I got put on bed rest for my blood pressure, and thank goodness for knitting or otherwise I would go crazy. I have started and finished more projects in the last month.

Here's a couple layette pieces:

The hats are Dale Baby Ull, and the socks are KnitPicks Sock Landscape (Zinnia). I've actually had the blue hat for a while, made for a friend who ended up having a girl. The yellow one is just single rib, but I used the Dale pattern as a guide. The socks are my own design.



Here's a very poorly photographed Alphabet Blanket from The Baby Knits Book (Debbie Bliss). It's in yellow Baby Cashmerino, and I had to eliminate the border and lace edging for lack of yarn. Instead I reinforced the whole edge with a single crochet border.

My son and I have been sharing the blanket when he shares the couch with me, and I think he'll have a hard time giving it up for the baby.

I have also finished a Dale top-down raglan cardigan, and a Clapotis in Artyarns SuperMerino. And I have started a Mason-Dixon Baby Kimono, a Midwest Moonlight scarf from Scarf Style, and a pair of RPM socks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Brynne said...

Congratulations on finishing an Alphabet Blanket! I made one when I was pregnant with my first and that thing went on for-ev-er.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

I've always loved that blanket! Good luck on the bed rest, that can't be fun. Hopefully not too much longer for you, and you'll end up with a healthy baby at the end, which is always the ultimate goal!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

hang in there! I was on bed rest for a month for blood pressure and I couldn't knit *ugh* because it made me nauseous. I ended up reading like 20 paperbacks!!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home