Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 Kai Sweater

Kai Cable Sweater

I started knitting for baby the day after we found out the sex. That 18 week ultrasound is an important one as it round the almost final corner of the crap shoot that is having a baby. If you're having a normal pregnancy it will be your last view of the bugger until it pops out and starts screaming.

I finished the knit one week later. Fastest knit evah. It was so fun to make and I really enjoy the book from which it came (details below). I purchased some yarn during my trip to WEBS to make a few other patterns from this book so keep your eyes peeled.

Pattern Details:

Started: 09/21/06, Ended 09/28/06

Yarn: Nick's Farm Merino? Purchased at SPA 02/06

Needles: Size 8 (I think)

Gauge: Need to check!

Size: I think this is 0-3 months but I really need to measure to be sure.

Pattern: Kai Cable Sweater from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding

Modifications: Made modifications for changes in gauge. Did not sew up the side seam on the neck's right side. Baby is bound to have a huge head.

Notes: Babies first sweater from Mama. I loved this yarn. I have some left and hope to get a hat and maybe even some booties out of it!

Kai Cable Sweater


Kai Cable Sweater

Cross Posted At:

The Bookish Girl

3 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Awwww! That first sweater is so special isn't it?

4:21 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Super cute. It looks so snuggly!
Connie

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Very cute:-) I like the simplicity of the single braid, very classy!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home