Friday, November 17, 2006

 Baby Shrugs


I have been knitting shrugs of late for my friends' daughters. I have to say, it's faster than a cardi!

Unfortunately, am having trouble getting a good photo. This one below was knit with Classic Elite Premiere Cotton/Tencel on size 6 needles. Did a fibonacci stripe sequence for the arms. The yarn is super soft, but a little too stretchy. Feels a lot like Knitpicks Shine Worsted, but unlike Shine, is not machine washable. I loved knitting with it, but it's probably not very practical for a baby item.

3 Comments:

Blogger elizabooth said...

My daughter had a shrug this summer (store bought, I'm afraid) and it was great. The perfect item to offer a little extra warmth over a sundress or to fancy it up for a special event. Great idea!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Orlop =) said...

Awesome color!

2:52 PM  
Blogger mickey said...

Do you know what store the shrug was bought from? I would love to buy something like that.
thanks

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home