Monday, October 23, 2006

 Phildar Cardi



Pattern : A Phildar pattern from a special edition of the French baby magazine famili (I think I bought it in 2004)
Size : 6 months
Yarn : Phildar Licorne (2 balls), Rowan 4ply cotton (1 ball)
Needles : 2.5 & 3 mm
Pattern modifications: I just used three colours to use up stash yarn. With the last scraps of the yarn left, I crocheted the little flowers to cover up where the buttons are sewn instead of using ribbons as the pattern suggests.

This was fun, too many ends to weave in, though. Next I am planning a Tomten Jacket in violet.

Julia

9 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Ooooh, very sweet! Love the little flowers!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

That is so cute!!!

My 15 year old wants to be 3 again so she can wear cute stuff like that!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Oh how I love Phildar patterns for kids. No one does them better. What a beautiful sweater!!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Very cute and I like how the colors go together. Baby girls are just adorable to knit for!
Connie

7:25 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

That is really cute!

7:54 PM  
Blogger elizabooth said...

Adorable! I love the colours.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The crocheted flowers were a great idea! This sweater turned out marvelous.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Laura B said...

What a cute touch those flowers are!

11:43 AM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

The crochet flowers are perfect! I'm currently working on a phildar baby pattern too. I think they make great baby designs.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home