Saturday, October 21, 2006

 Hello to all

I'm new to blogging, so this is my first post.

My name is Jeanne and I have a 4 month old son who is very active, never sleeps, and has the most delightful squeal.

My sister-in-law is having her first in December. I have two friends having babies in the near future, as well as a cousin with a baby on the way. Since my cousins seem to all be having babies, I have many babies (already here) to be knitting for in the near future as well.

I taught myself to knit two years ago in November. Being a university student, I didn't have much time to knit. Now that I am a stay-at-home mom, I knit when the babe goes to bed for what I hope is the night, but is really only until midnight.

I've been mostly knitting hats and booties. I knit my son a couple soakers before he was born, and plan on knitting a few more very soon. I've never knitted a sweater before, so that is definately on my list. As of right now, I seem to be aquiring more yarn than working on projects.

I hope to have some pictures up in the near future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Acquiring yarn is half the fun! More than half, even! LOL.

2:13 PM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Learning to knit a sweater by knitting a baby sweater is great way to break into it. I might suggest the Chunky baby cardigan from Knitting for Two by Erica Knight. Her directions are clear and the construction is very easy. It's a great way to see how a sweater comes together.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home