Monday, October 09, 2006

 hello everybody

Hello everybody,

I just found out that I'll be having a little girl. As all her clothes will be from her elder brother, I thought I'd knit her a couple of very girly things even if usually I am not one to dress a girl in pink from head to toe.
So I took a dive into the stash this week-end, looking for some girly colours. There’s not much, mostly cotton, but I really want to use up some stash yarn before buying more. So I started a little cardigan in the 6-month size using Phildar Licorne and Rowan 4ply cotton (for the edging) from a special edition of a baby magazine featuring Phildar knitting patterns I bought about 2 or 3 years ago. Here's how it looks so far:

8 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I love the colors you are using. If my new one turns out to be a girl, she will have the same problem of older brother's hand-me-downs.
Some pink and girlie accent pieces are a good way to stretch the wardrobe.

8:48 AM  
Blogger curlypurly said...

that's a very sweet little sweater!

8:55 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Oh, it's beautiful! Love the stripes and the little ties in the pattern. So sweet!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

This is a lovely pattern. What is the issue date/number of this Phildar pattern book? I'd love to hunt one up if I could still find it. (I have quite a weakness for baby knit patterns.) Thanks!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Those colours are beautiful. I just don't have the colour-picking gene and I so envy people who do. And Phildar baby books are fab, aren't they? I knitted a ton of them when my friends' babies were small.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous amanda cathleen said...

awww! Love the colors they go very well together

3:26 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Those colors are great! IT's Ok to use pink! ;-)
My mum brought me a Phildar layette book (Fall/Winter 06/07) last month and I have been trying to decide which pattern to start with. I need to start knitting for my niece due in March.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

that is such a sweet pattern. I want to have a girl as I am the only girl in the family and my mum is dying to have a grand-daughter. We will just have to see what happens.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home