Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 Heirloom Aran


Above is a baby shower present I gave to my husband's cousin this past spring. The is the Heirloom Aran from IK04, knitted in gray Rowan wool/cotton. This sweater was a challenge, but worth every ripped cable (there were several). Even though the parents were expecting a boy, I choose the gender neutral color so that the sweater could be used for any gender, as this was for the first baby in the family.

Under the sweater is a simple receiving blanket I sewed -- it's flannel on one side and fleece on the other. I used the blanket as the "wrapping paper" for the sweater, and tied it with a blue grosgain ribbon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I like the idea of using a blanket for wrapping! My older sister did this for my cousin and me at a joint baby shower she threw for us.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Ranee said...

Both gifts are beautiful, and wrapping the sweater with the blanket is a brilliant idea!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home